Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Horizon Organic- Chocolate Lowfat Milk Review


Today I'll be reviewing Horizon Organic Chocolate Lowfat Milk. My family loves this brand of milk, although I'm not a big milk drinker myself. I was told that chocolate milk was a great running/swimming recovery drink, so I used some coupons to buy some to try out.

Outside (comes with a straw on the back):


 Nutrition:

I'll just start right now by saying-YUMMY!! I put the straw in the top and took a big swig. Immediately, I noticed how rich and full-bodied the milk taste was. It had a very smooth texture that slid down my throat easily, while still being able to be savored. This milk is a lot creamier than most other lower-quality milks. The chocolate came out as more of an aftertaste. The flavor is mild and not too sugary, but still chocolatey enough for my tastes. Some chocolate milk is so sweet that you feel like you are drinking a milkshake (which doesn't feel too healthy)-but not this one! I wish there was more milk in the carton! Overall, it's creamy, tastes fresh, and has just the right amount of chocolate flavor!

I bought individual cartons of these (missed the shelf stable six-pack-whoops!) and the price was pretty steep. I would guess that it would be fairly expensive anywhere because of the organic label.


Pros: Very rich/creamy; organic ingredients; contains 8 grams of protein; not overpoweringly sweet; fresh-tasting
Cons: Small carton; a lot of sugar


My take:
Nutrition: 7.5/10 (a pretty small carton, and a lot of sugar)
Taste: 9.5/10
Appearance: 9/10

Overall: 9.0/10

-Squidge (p.s.-Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment